This weekend marks the start of the Summer Movie Season. I am looking forward to it, and I am hopeful we'll be able to get out and see some. I don't think Joseph will mind too much if we get him a babysitter- he is developing a taste for movies too.
At least a taste for pulling them off the shelf.
With Joseph around I won't be able to watch every movie that I want to, but here are a few that I think might justify the effort:
- MI: III- I've heard a lot of good things about it.
- X-Men: The Last Stand- I liked the first, liked the second more, and despite the director leaving to direct Superman, I'm tied into to
- The DaVinci Code: Over 3 years in the New York Times top 10, most of the time as #1. Pretty incredible, and an entertaining story.
- Cars: Pixar has an 11 year perfect record.
- Nacho Libre: check out the website.
- Superman Returns: This year's Batman Begins.
- Pirates of the Carribbean: Can't beat the Disney World nostalgia. I hope they do a major reworking of the ride to take in some of the movie fun and general technological advances.
- Lady in the Water: I've loved everything that M. Night Shyamalaanmanan has done.
Some, like Poseidon, look like my kind of movie, but I have to pick and choose. Video will do for the rest. And I am sure Lacy will have some choices that differ from mine.